Haslingfield Place, Cambridge
Haslingfield Place is truly a unique and desirable location which can fulfil all your desires for the home comforts and lifestyle you have dreamed about for the whole of your family. This is an exclusive small development, offering a choice of five detached home plots for you to design a high-quality home to your specific requirements and needs.
The development will provide you the opportunity to design your own home and for us to obtain planning and build your dream home to your specification and lifestyle and taste. You choose your home plot and work with us, and we take care of everything without the stress and hard work leaving you time to enjoy the experience.
A charming inclusive village full of characterful individual homes and people.
Haslingfield is a thriving village community within 6 miles of Cambridge and benefits from all the local amenities you would expect and more as well as having a prestigious city on your doorstep and in a county with so much history.
The village has a great sense of inclusiveness and caters for day-to-day family needs. A primary school, two churches, two local shops, a village hall, a pub, a large recreation ground (complete with new children’s playground, a skateboard park, football, and cricket pitches) and 3 tennis courts managed by the Lawn Tennis Club.
The village has a very informative website with what’s happening locally – “Our many clubs and societies cater for all interests and ages.” Besides the local shops your two main supermarket stores (Sainsbury and Tesco) are minutes away.
A charming village full of characterful individual homes with access to nearby walks and extensive cycling routes, good transport links from nearby Foxton with direct trains to Cambridge and London Kings Cross and two bus routes through the village or if you are driving the M11 is only minutes away.
Rural family living with the benefits of a beautiful, resourceful and rich heritage of a world famous city on your door step to enjoy all that it has to offer for work, education and social life.
Proposed Home Plots for you to choose
Accommodation approximate sizes for the five proposed homes range from 1,900sqft to 2,420sqft to 2,850sqft.
Each home plot house type has been designed as the best possible fit within the site and plot constraints to conform to local authority planning and policy regulations. Within these constraints we will be able to change internal floor plan layouts and external features for you. These changes will be discussed as part of the design consultation in the ‘Discovery Call’ to establish your personal requirements of a home to suit your own lifestyle and family needs.
The proposed floor plans and elevations are designed to inspire you and lead the design discussion to give you ideas of what is possible - be creative and introduce the wow into your home!
Plot 1 - The Barrington
4 bedroom detached home
Plot 2 - The Shelford
4 bedroom detached home
Plot 3 - The Grantchester
5 bedroom detached home
Plot 4 - The Elsworth
4 bedroom detached home
Plot 5 - The Hemingford
4 bedroom detached home
The fine features and location of these architect-designed houses make them exceptionally desirable homes.
Our selected quality specification which is included within the design and build price is noted below to act as a guide. However, you have a choice to design and choose your personal specification within a similar price range allowance. However, extras and upgrades will be charged.
- Individually designed luxury kitchens
- Granite worktops and upstands
- Stainless steel ovens, microwave, ceramic hob and extractor hood
- Integrated fridge, freezer and dishwasher
- Space for free standing washing machine and dryer
- Under mounted stainless steel sink with designer chrome mixer tap
- Under pelmet lights and low voltage down lighters
- Ceramic large format tiled floors
- Individually designed bathrooms with latest trend white sanitaryware, chrome fittings and bathroom cabinets and mirrors
- Luxury chrome shower doors with low level minimalist shower trays and thermostatic controlled chrome shower heads
- White sanitaryware shower baths complete with glass shower doors
- Shaver sockets and low voltage down lighters to all bathrooms
- Stainless steel heated towel rails
- Large format tiled walls (x3) and floors
- Exclusive high quality designed small development of only 5 houses
- Private access road laid in block paviours
- Brick elevations
- Traditional plain clay roof tiles
- Reconstructed stone window cills on ground floor
- External double glazed composite doors and windows
- Laminated Oak floors in hallways, lounge, dining room and study
- Well-lit private road access
- Power and ceiling light to garages within plot curtilage and external PIR light
- External garden tap
- Landscaped Garden - turf, patio and path (full scheme optional)
- Block paved driveway
- Limestone paving to patios and paths
Electrics and Lighting
- CAT6 cabling
- White, flush mounted LED lighting throughout in a cool white light
- Brushed steel plugs and sockets on ground floors and white in other floors
- Pendant lighting in bedrooms
- Security system with room and entrance door sensors including 4 Camera CCTV system
- BT points and Aerial
- Built in hard wired data points in most rooms
- Energy efficient LED lamps
- Mains powered smoke detectors
- Industry approved burglar alarms
- External light to front porch and rear entrance
- Electric car charging point
Other Quality Specifications and Warranties
- ASHP under floor heating on ground floor and first floor bedrooms
- Smooth white ceilings throughout
- Fitted wardrobes in master bedroom
- Deep moulded skirting and architraves
- Gledhill Stainless Lite Indirect unvented Dual fuel hot water cylinder specified by heating designer
- A-Rated Glow-worm System Boiler
- Fully compliant with current building and fire regulations and relevant British Standards
- Eco Friendly and A rated EPC
- ASHP system
- MVHR system (optional)
- 10 Year structural warranty
A more comprehensive specification schedule of your selections, will be provided as part of the documentation for the design and build contract.
Once you have registered your interest in one of the home plots we will contact you to discuss our development proposals, provide you with more details and ask for some basic information regarding your interest in us helping you to build your new home with us.
This will include questions such as: What is your overall budget for land and build? How do you intend to fund the build and the more exciting things such as: What style of house do you want and the space you are looking for in your home, and what you wish to include in your home etc. Together we can explore and determine if this is the right location and home plot for you to build your dream home.
All this information will brief our project manager and architect on what you are looking for. They can then use this to begin the design process.
Meet your Project Manager
Angelo Baccarella has overseen many property developments where he has been responsible for the complete sourcing of home plots, designing amazing homes by working with first class architects and designers, obtaining planning, and managing the build process to completion to ensure your home is delivered according to your agreed design and specification. His attention to detail is outstanding and he is always available to consult on finishes, kitchen, and bathroom designs and all the many decisions you will have to make to complete your home to your lifestyle and taste.
Having reserved a plot the custom design and build process can begin in earnest. The house design and planning process can be broken down into two distinct phases.
Phase 1 - Creative Design
This is the creative stage, where you will work with your architect and project manager to translate how you want to live, into a new house design that you love.
Our design team will lead this process, but there will be lots of opportunities for you to showcase designs you have seen online or in magazines to ensure the design style is as you want it to be within the realms of the design codes required by the council planning policies and your selected home plot and site constraints.
We will create optional floor plans for review and confirmation of your preferred design.
We will provide realistic computer-generated images (CGI) and 3D images to help visualise your home and help you make the right choices.
After your house is designed and you have approved it, Stellco Homes will submit all the designs to be approved by South Cambridgeshire Council’s planning department for the whole site. We will monitor the progress with the council and keep you informed.
Phase 2 - Technical Design & Building Regulations
This is the detailed design stage, where the approved designs will be tailored for construction, to ensure your new home is structurally sound and can be built without complication. It will also be the time to get involved with the physical layout and design of your kitchen, bathroom, flooring, and heating systems, wall coverings as well as window and door schedules, electrical sockets, and lighting positions and all the major and minor details of finishing your home.
Once all the design schedules have been completed and signed off by you, these together with the construction drawings and notes, will be submitted for Building Regulations approval and sign off. This is required to receive a 10-Year Structural Warranty Certificate, which is a condition of sale and required to protect the value of your new home on completion.
Please note: All these drawings, schedules and notes should be studied thoroughly as changes and amendments will have financial and time implications. They will be presented to you for official and contractual signing off, enabling us to begin procurement, fabrication and construction.